Here are the most popular general job websites for finding job vacancies:
- AllTheTopBananas is a brilliantly named job site search engine which allows searching for jobs by region and title across the Internet, pulling in results from many different places and saving you time browsing individual job sites.
- Job Centre Plus – often overlooked, here’s the job centre’s search facility for jobs it has listed. Search for jobs by location, title, distance, hours, working pattern, when listed and more.
- JobSearch – is a job site attracting more than 1.8 million hits per month, JobSearch is part of the Trinity Mirror Digital Recruitment group, a
collection of niche job websites including totallylegal(lawyers), PlanetRecruit (IT professionals), The Career Engineer, SecsintheCity (secretaries) and GAAPweb (accountancy and finance professionals).
- Fish4jobs – ever popular job site allowing job searches by sector, distance and title.
- JobSite – award winning jobs board with good features such as the ability to upload your CV and let recruiters find you, as well as to receive personalised jobs by email alerts.
- LocalRecruit is a job site that pulls in results from many partner sites such as TotalJobs and Monster, but allows you to search regionally, which can be really useful.
- Monster – popular jobs site with jobs updated daily – thousands of jobs and a great CV builder that helps you create an online CV for job advertisers to find.
- Reed is a London-based recruitment agency turned job site, offering more than 100,000 jobs across many industries. They get around 3.6 million hits a month.
- Total Jobs has over 100,000 jobs currently listed, makign it a site worth checking regularly. The ability to search for jobs within a sector makes searching more effective than on many other sites. Total Jobs is the group behind CareerStructure.com, Caterer.com, Catererglobal.com, CWJobs.co.uk, RetailChoice.com and Salestarget.co.uk.
The following specialise in IT jobs:
- Listing twice as many jobs as their nearest competitor, IT Job Board is a good choice for hundreds and thousands of IT professionals and industry leading companies including Google, IBM, Oracle, Accenture and Cap Gemini.
- CW Jobs draws over 320,000 IT candidates monthly, attracted by the opportunity to search thousands of IT jobs from the UK and Ireland’s leading employers and generating more than 340,000 job applications.
- Technojobs is an award winning website, with over 21,000 new jobs advertised monthly. Having been online since 1999, they’ve worked with some of the biggest brands in the UK.
- IT Jobs Online offers over 10,000 IT jobs to search or browse through.